Miles O’Brien has been a journalist for over 30 years and has won every award you can name. Countless assignments of his have put him in harm’s way and yet, as Miles says, “Life has a way of surprising you.”
In this episode we discuss:
- The unlikely accident that led to the amputation of his left arm just above the elbow
- The long road to recovery and what that looks like in his daily life
- The emotional and social effects of the amputation
- Being a one-handed MacGyver
- Re-learning to ride a bike and setting ambitious goals (LessCancer.org Bike Ride)
- The current state and future of prosthetic devices (e-NABLE)
- Miles’s desire and plan to get back into the cockpit and fly a plane (Able Flight)
- And more!
Follow Miles on Twitter @milesobrien.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Leave a Reply